A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM, opera a cappella now available at Albany Records

Friday, July 18, 2008

Opera New Jersey


On the way back to Memphis, I stopped off at Opera New Jersey in Princeton. They were kind enough to lend me their young artists and their chorus master Keith Chambers to do a reading of about fifteen minutes of my a capella setting of MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. While there I also got the chance to see Elizabeth Caballero and Michael Fabiano sing TRAVIATA and Jennifer Aylmer sing Hanna Glawari in THE MERRY WIDOW.

And no opera lover should ever go anywhere near Princeton without stopping at the Princeton Record Exchange to look over the vast selection of used opera CDs.

More about the reading later.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Ching:
    Glad that you where able to see my performance of La traviata. I hope that you enjoyed yourself. Since this was my first time singing this very demanding role, any advice you have to offer will be quite welcomed.

    Sincerely,
    Elizabeth Caballero
    ecabsop@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete